Teaching and learning
Teaching and Learning
This is the hub for #ActinoBase teaching and learning resources: educational content, outreach, and more! We welcome contributions from the community, so please contact us with any suggestions or if you would like to contribute content to these pages.
Practical protocols (undergrad labs)
Undergraduate student projects
- SEA-PHAGES, an HHMI undergraduate course featuring the discovery and isolation of actinobacteriophages
- the Strathclyde VIP Drug Discovery Project, using hyperspectral imaging to screen for novel antibiotic producers
Spotlight: teaching antibiotics & AMR
Are you looking for videos to use in your courses, inspiration for classroom or workshop activities, or other resources to help you with your teaching? Please check out our collection of Teaching and Learning Resources: Antibiotics and AMR.
Other teaching and learning resources
- Microbiology Society resources for teachers
- Microbiology Society resources for students
- the American Society for Microbiology's resource library
- Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education
- Small Things Considered: Teacher's Corner
Outreach Events Calendar
If you would like to use ActinoBase for a wiki creation/editing assignment as part of a course or workshop, please contact us.